Thursday, December 15, 2011

What are my chances of getting into film schools, and if so, what schools?

I am beginning my junior year and am beginning to look into colleges. I have a sorta low GPA, around a 3.2 but I am executive producer of our school TV station, and participate very heavily in both the film and theatre departments at my school. I have directed alot of short films, and won several awards in film festivals "Under 18" categories. Thanks so much for your time!|||If you're an award winner, you're probably in pretty good shape. That's going to matter a lot more than your grades. Of course, not all awards are equal, and neither are all schools. If you have experience working on film (not video), as director, and your work shows promise, the only question is genre. Northwestern, as I recall, is the place to go for experimental film. USC or, what's it called, AFI for Hollywood nonsense.


FSU is probably a decent fallback, but they only let a certain number of people direct, and they own the rights to master copies.


NYU is probably as competitive as USC, but also probably much more interesting.


I'm not sure any of that was helpful, but good luck.|||3.2 isn't that bad.. I wouldn't quite count on a college like Stanford, but you seem to have decent Extra Curricular's. You need to ask what schools you want to apply to there are too many to generalize them all into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment