Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is it possiable to get film taken from an film camcorder on to a computer without a usb ?

Basically I have an what would not be called an old fashion camcorder with film in in , and I need to get it on to my computer to edit it and from what I am aware there is no usb connection on the camera.


I'm sure there is a way , mainly because when there is a will there's a way.





HELP !


|||Wait a minute. Camcorders are video cameras and use tape, whether new or old.





If your camera has film in it, it is probably a 8 mm or super 8 mm camera. If you have a motion picture camera, then you will need to have the film processed and then have the film transfered to a DVD.|||are you sure you don't have a usb or firewire out? what camcorder is it? my oldest camcorder is a SONY digital 8 thing using Hi8 tape and that has a firewire connector





by the way, as far as i know, most camcorders use firewire for downloading as the data rate is far higher than usb





look for a small socket 8mm x 5mm roughly. if you've got one you'll need a firewire cable with a small socket on one end and a firewire port on your computer

No comments:

Post a Comment